THE PLANK DECEMBER 21, 2009
- The Rise of Republican Nihilism: What Happened to All Those GOP Ideas? by Jonathan Chait
- Mourning Montazeri: The Remarkable Life of Iran's Bravest Cleric, by Abbas Milani
- EXCLUSIVE: The Godfather of the Public Plan Explains Why He Still Believes in the Health Care Bill, by Jacob S. Hacker
- Why Progressives Need to Stop Screaming and Start Organizing for the Next Health Care Fight, E.J. Dionne Jr.
- The Great Animator: Charles Dickens's Obsession With Ghosts, Bottled Fetuses, and Other Dead Things, by Adam Thirwell
- Americans Are Driving Less These Days. What Gives? by Adie Tomer
- How the Republicans Could Have Defeated Health Care Reform, by Jonathan Chait
- The Health Care Bill Isn't All That it Can Be, Nor Is it All That it Might Be, by Jonathan Cohn
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.