THE PLANK DECEMBER 3, 2009
- Drinking Cokes With One of the Janjaweed’s Most Notorious Mass-Murderers, by Rebecca Hamilton
- So Much Gasbaggery, So Little Time: Obama’s Strange Obsession With Summits, by Jason Zengerle
- Don't Fear the Trigger--It Could Be Our Best Hope for Effective Health Care Reform, by Jonathan Cohn
- Obama’s Middle Way on Afghanistan Will Hurt Democrats In 2010, by E.J. Dionne Jr.
- Are We Getting Bored With AIDS? by Harold Pollack
- Obama Doesn’t Like to Say the Word ‘Iraq.’ We’ve Got a Graph to Prove it! by Amanda Silverman
- What Will It Take for Susan Collins to Back Health Reform? by Suzy Khimm
- How Arianna Huffington Plagiarized Her Defense of HuffPo’s Plagiarism, by Isaac Chotiner
- Meet the Six Most Influential Congressmen in the Afghanistan Debate, by Lydia DePillis and Jesse Zwick
- What Is Obama’s Overarching Worldview When It Comes to Foreign Policy? I’m Not Sure Even He Knows. by Richard Just
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.