THE PLANK JUNE 12, 2009
- Inheriting North Korea: Is Kim Jong Il’s son any less insane?, by Joshua Kurlantzick
- The Truth About Obama And The
Deficit, by Jonathan Chait
- 'Pelham 1 2 3': Another Exercise In Emotional Manipulation And Cinematic
Tourettism From Tony Scott, by Christopher Orr
- Jonathan Chait Vs. James Kirchick: Was The Holocaust Museum Shooter A Right-Winger?
- TNRtv: Why We’ll Have Immigration Reform Sooner Than You Think, by Angela Kelley
- After Consumerism: Why Americans Will Only Be Happy When They Stop Spending So Much Money, by Amitai Etzioni
Diarist: Obama's National Security Policy Could Use A Little Bit Of
Fear-Mongering, by Leon Wieseltier
As always, be sure to check out the current issue of the print magazine, economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Damon Linker, John McWhorter, and Alan Wolfe.