THE PLANK NOVEMBER 12, 2009
- Inside the Obamacare Laboratory: Have Democrats Learned the Right Lessons from Massachusetts? by Jonathan Cohn
- Previewing Obama’s Asia Visit: Why He Has a Rare Chance to Improve U.S.-Japan Relations, by R. Taggart Murphy
- TNRtv: The Jew-Hating, Gay-Bashing Westboro Baptist Church Comes to New York. Oh Boy. by Benjamin Birnbaum and Ben Eisler
- Should We Be Worried About the Changing Demographics of Unions? by John B. Judis
- Don’t Let Abortion Destroy Health Reform--Millions of Americans Will Be Far Better Off Than They Are Now, by E.J. Dionne Jr.
- Are People Flocking to ‘Dirty’ Cities? by Jonathan Rothwell
- Kristallnacht Pales in Comparison to Other Nazi Crimes. So Why Is It Seen as Uniquely Gruesome? by Adam Kirsch
- SLIDESHOW: When Politicians Play With Oscar the Grouch, by Ben Bernstein
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.