THE PLANK NOVEMBER 2, 2009
- Color Commentator: Rush Limbaugh’s Race Obsession, by Jonathan Chait
- 'Do Not Underestimate Him': Can Nick Ayers, a 27-Year-Old College Dropout, Lead the Republicans Back to Power? by Amanda Silverman
- Conflicts of Interest: When it Comes to Health Care, Who Does the Chamber of Commerce Really Represent? by Anthony Wright
- If a Philosopher Was a Fascist, Is it OK to Ban Even His Good Ideas? by Damon Linker
- The Biggest Health Care Challenge That Congress Still Faces, by E.J. Dionne Jr.
- The National Economy May Be Recovering--But What About YOUR City’s? by Howard Nial
- From Grover "Uncle Jumbo" Cleveland to Chris Christie, a History of Smearing Heavyweights in American Politics, by Dave Jamieson
- Do Republicans Actually Have the Power to Block a Senate Climate Bill? by Bradford Plumer
- An Extra Peek Inside Obama's Lackluster Army of Activists by Lydia Depillis
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.