THE PLANK NOVEMBER 9, 2009
- The Reinvention of Robert Gates: How His Ideological Journey Will Shape the War in Afghanistan, by Michael Crowley
- Twenty Years After Berlin: What Separates a Failing Former Soviet Satellite From a Thriving One? by Joshua A. Tucker
- The House Health Care Bill Should Be Faster, Stronger, and Bigger, by Jonathan Cohn
- Why Don't Democrats Talk More About the Perils of Too Little Government? by E.J. Dionne Jr.
- Will the Recession Ease Inequality? Fat Chance. by Alan Berube
- Has Obama Learned the Lessons of the Berlin Wall? by Marty Peretz
- Live From Hillary Clinton's Homecourt, by Lydia DePillis
- Why I Don't Think Government Should Create a Jobs Program, by Zubin Jelveh
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.