THE PLANK OCTOBER 12, 2009
- Comcast, the Biggest Threat to Free Speech Since Nixon, by Jeffrey Rosen
- The World's Most Powerful Doubles Match: Larry Summers and Tim Geithner Go to Tennis Camp, by Noam Scheiber
- Ending our Age of Suffering: A Plan to Stop Genocide Once and For All, by Daniel Jonah Goldhagen
- Cohn: Is the Insurance Industry Declaring War on Health Care Reform?, by Jonathan Cohn
- TNR Debate: Tim Wu on Whether More Transparency Actually Makes Politicians Less Accountable, by Tim Wu
- Dionne: Just Because Many Obama Critics Are 'Angry White Men' Doesn't Mean We Should Write Them Off, by E.J. Dionne Jr.
- Galston Vs. Cohen: Was McChrystal Right to Go Public?, by William Galston
- Peretz: Why Obama Should Have Turned Down the Nobel Prize, by Marty Peretz
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.