THE PLANK OCTOBER 13, 2009
- Afghanistan Is NOT at a Turning Point. So Here’s What We Should Do, by A.J. Rossmiller
- Was M.A.S.H. Director Robert Altman a Visionary, or Just a Tricky Bastard? by David Thomson
- The Only Credible Threat Obama Can Leverage Against Iran by Jeffrey Herf
- Cohn: How Will Wyden Vote Today? And What Happens Then?
- TNR Debate: Jeff Rosen on Whether the Courts Present Our Best Hope for Government Accountability
- Do We Overpay Government Workers? by Zubin Jelveh
- Plumer: Is a Bipartisan Climate Bill Really Possible
- Did Zoning Laws Cause the Housing Meltdown? by Jonathan Rothwell
- Oh No! Now Affirmative Action Is Working Its Way Into the Health Care Debate… by Harold Pollack
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.