THE PLANK OCTOBER 26, 2009
- Paradise Lost: Is California Finished? by John B. Judis
- We Now Have a Black President. Was Booker T. Washington Wrong? by Steven Hahn
- Senate Dems to Obama: We Could Use a Little More Help Here, by Jonathan Cohn
- Can a Self-Described 'Boring as Hell' Candidate Really Lead a Major American City for 20 Straight Years? by E.J. Dionne Jr.
- Writing Is Increasingly About Speed. What a Shame. by Damon Linker
- The News Keeps Getting Worse for the Class of 2009, by Noam Scheiber
- The Art of the Impossible: Building Megaprojects During the Recession, by David Jackson
- The T.E. Lawrence of Afghanistan: Rory Stewart Takes on McChrystal, by Jason Zengerle
- Michelle Cottle’s Guide to DC Halloween Costume Etiquette, by Michelle Cottle
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.