THE PLANK OCTOBER 29, 2009
- How Did Obama’s Unprecedented Grassroots Operation Fall Quiet So Quickly? by Lydia DePillis
- In Defense of Shrinkage: The Problem with Obama’s Plan to Fix Our Banking System by Noam Scheiber
- Are Our Options in Afghanistan as Limited as They Seem? A Debate on the Way Forward by Andrew J. Bacevich and Michael A. Cohen
- A Pre-Election Day Memo To Both Democrats and Republicans by E.J. Dionne Jr.
- J Street’s Biggest Enemies Are Its Own Supporters by Jonathan Chait
- Was Rudolf Kasztner a Hero or a Traitor? by Marty Peretz
- Is Going to an Ivy League School Worth It? by Zubin Jelveh
- A Truly ‘Smart’ Way to Stimulate the Economy by Emilia Istrate
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.