THE PLANK OCTOBER 8, 2009
- My Term at Afghanistan’s Graduate School of War, by Ganesh Sitaraman
- Washington Diarist: The Trend in Dying, by Leon Wieseltier
- The Biggest Loser in the EU’s Report on the Russia-Georgia War Is … Europe. by Ronald D. Asmus
- Why Are Companies Fleeing the Chamber Of Commerce?, by Bradford Plumer
- How to Stimulate the Economy Without Passing Another Stimulus, by E.J. Dionne Jr.
- One Issue Where Obama Really Is Winning, by Barron YoungSmith
- Peretz: Neither Patraeus nor McChrystal Can Be Compared to MacArthur, by Marty Peretz
- What Are Dems Willing to Compromise to Pass a Climate Bill? by Bradford Plumer
- Chait: Is Jon Stewart as Crazy as Glenn Beck? by Jonathan Chait
- Scheiber: Explaining Job-Creation to the Small Business Lobby, by Noam Scheiber
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.