THE PLANK DECEMBER 17, 2009
- Why an American President Should Never Let the Word ‘Evil’ Cross His Lips, by John B. Judis
- From the Dept. of Early Bungling: Obama’s Misguided Selection of Judges, by David Fontana
- On Health Care, the Left Is Playing With Fire, by Jonathan Cohn
- Has Goldman Sachs Suddenly Lost its Soul? Or Was it Already Gone? by Noam Scheiber
- Dubya, the Democratic Party Turns Its Lonely Eyes to You, by E.J. Dionne Jr.
- By Zeus! How Freaked Should We Be by Greece’s Financial Collapse? by Simon Johnson
- Everything You Need to Know About the EPA’s Fancy New Carbon Policy, by Bradford Plumer
- Which Region in America Has Been Hit Hardest by the Economic Crisis? by Mark Muro
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.