THE PLANK NOVEMBER 19, 2009
- Washington Diarist: Obama Has No ‘Magic’ Overseas by Leon Wieseltier
- Why We Need a Federal Agency That Actually Protects Consumers by Martha Coakley and Elizabeth Warren
- Five Ways the Recession Has Turned Immigration Upside-Down (#1: Mexicans Are Sending Money to Relatives in the U.S.) by Jill Wilson and Audrey Singer
- The Virtue of Shutting up About Sarah Palin by Damon Linker
- How Republicans Have Changed the Senate (and How Democrats Have Let Them) by E. J. Dionne Jr.
- Freaking out About Breasts. PLUS: Khimm on Mammogram ‘Rationing.’ by Michelle Cottle
- Why Policies That Help Women Also Help the Environment by Lydia DePillis
- Why Wasn’t Obama More Assertive in China by Noam Scheiber
- How Democrats Could Insert a Little Theater Into the Health Care Debate by Jonathan Cohn
- Should Federalism Stop Obama From Seeking the Death Penalty for KSM? by Josh Patashnik
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.