Terminal Hipness: What New York’s Recent Exhibitions Can Tell Us About The Art World’s Malaise, by Jed Perl
- Why Should Obama Save Darfur? To Be Crass For A Moment: It’s Good Politics, by Barron YoungSmith
- The Curious Case Of Middle Eastern Math Scores, by Zubin Jelveh
- ‘The Girl From Monaco’ Gives The Classic French Film A Sexual, Menacing Facelift. PLUS: ‘Quiet Chaos’ And The Meaning Of Loss, by Stanley Kauffmann
- Learning The Wrong Lessons From David Halberstam’s ‘The Best And The Brightest’, by Benjamin Wallace-Wells
- Histories Of Violence: 'Thirst' Gets Under The Skin, While 'District 9' Stays On The Surface, by Christopher Orr
- The Swiftboating Of Health Care Reform: When Facts No Longer Matter, by Jonathan Cohn
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Damon Linker, John McWhorter, and Alan Wolfe.