THE PLANK SEPTEMBER 21, 2009
- How Liberal Despair Is Hurting Health Care Reform, by Jonathan Chait
- Can Democrats Actually Pay for Health Care Reform?, by Jonathan Cohn
- How Irving Kristol Came to Embrace What He Once Feared, by Damon Linker
- The Two Most Distorted Words in the Political Dictionary: ‘Bipartisan’ and ‘Centrist’, by E.J. Dionne Jr.
- The GOP No Longer Represents Interest Groups--Rather, It Has Become One, by The Editors
- CORRESPONDENCE: Cristina Nehring Defends Her Book, by Cristina Nehring
- Peretz: My Blessings and Wishes for the Jewish New Year, by Marty Peretz
- Washington Diarist: Burke Is Back!, by Leon Wieseltier
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.