THE PLANK SEPTEMBER 8, 2009
- The Next Financial Crisis: We Can't Avoid It--and We Just Made It Worse, by Peter Boone and Simon Johnson
- Vacation's Over: How Nervous Should We Be About the Next Phase of the Health Care Debate? by Jonathan Cohn
- Dumping Van Jones: Why Give in to Republican Tantrums? by John McWhorter
- The Most Important Political Event This Week Won't Be Obama’s Speech on Health Care, by E.J. Dionne, Jr.
- TNRtv: What's Making Republicans Embrace the Fringe? by Jonathan Chait and Franklin Foer
- Why Paul Krugman Isn't Pessimistic Enough About the Economics Profession, by Noam Scheiber
- SLIDESHOW: The Joy of Ballot Stuffing, by Noah Kristula-Green
- Are There Any Legitimate Defences of the Current Financial System? by Simon Johnson
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.